Vintage Barbie dolls on the market from 1959 to the late 1960s are especially prized among collectors.
Often, these Barbies had bendable legs or red hair, and they are considered some of the most rare and valuable.
Today, the price of a mint condition Barbie from this era can run close to $25,000.
How do I know if my Barbie is valuable?
Suggested clip 48 seconds
Tips for Barbie Doll Collection : How to Identify a Valuable Barbie
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
What are the rarest Barbie dolls?
The Five Most Expensive Barbie Dolls in History
- Stefani Canturi Barbie – $302,500.
- De Beers 40th Anniversary Barbie – $85,000.
- Original Barbie – $27,450.
- Lorraine Schwartz Barbie – $7,500. The fourth most expensive Barbie doll is the Lorraine Schwartz Barbie.
- Marie Antoinette Barbie – $1,250. The Marie Antoinette Barbie is a special edition that was produced in 2003.
Are old dolls worth anything?
Porcelain dolls that were made 80 to 100 years ago or more can be quite valuable. A quick scan of the auction and buy-it-now listings on eBay finds porcelain doll values ranging from around $5 and $10 to several thousand dollars or more but no dolls listed above $10,000.
How much is the 40th anniversary Barbie worth?
De Beers 40th Anniversary Barbie
Released in 1999, the doll was a celebration of Barbie’s 40th anniversary and is worth some $85,000.
How much is a vintage Barbie doll worth?
Released in 1959, the first-ever Barbie doll features golden hair, a black and white bathing suit and blue eyeshadow. While this rare Barbie has an estimated worth of $8,000, a mint condition doll sold at auction for $27,450.
What collectibles are worth money?
20 Geeky Collectibles That Could Make You Millions
- Comic Books. Comic books are still a very popular collector’s item — and the more vintage and rare your comic book is, the more it’s worth.
- Coins. Coin collectors truly enjoy a valuable hobby.
- Action Figures.
- Board Games.
- Trading Cards.
- ‘Star Wars’ Collectibles.