If you are donating your mattress, there are a few things you need to know.
One is to check the condition of the mattress.
You can reach out to local charities who can take in your mattress too.
Goodwill is a popular mattress donation site, where you can ensure your old mattress is going to someone in need.3 Sep 2018
Can you donate used mattresses?
Many charities refuse to sell donated mattresses, but they will accept mattresses to reuse, or they will recycle them for you. Call non-profit thrift stores and charities in your area to ask about their policies on accepting used mattress donations.20 Aug 2019
Can I donate a mattress to Goodwill?
Check with nonprofit thrift stores and charities in your area to ask about their policies on taking used mattresses. Some charities, such as Goodwill, will not accept any mattress donations at all, while other organizations will accept mattress donations but only in certain locations and conditions.11 Feb 2019
What do you do with old mattresses?
Donated mattresses must still be usable, so they can be used again.
- Salvation Army – They will come to your home to pick up your old mattress for free.
- Goodwill – Donated mattress must be in good shape.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Your Local Furniture Store.
- Mattress Disposal Plus.
- Bye-Bye Mattresses.
- Homeless Shelters.
How do you throw out a mattress?
Method 1 Disposing of Your Mattress
- Wrap the mattress in plastic. Go to a department store, a home improvement store, or a moving supply store to get a mattress disposal bag or a mattress storage bag.
- Set the mattress out on heavy trash day.
- Hire a disposal company if you have a lot of trash.