- Can you donate books to jails?
- How do you send books to prisons?
- Who picks up books for donation?
- How do I dispose of old law books?
- Where can I donate encyclopedias?
- Can you donate bras?
- Does Amazon ship books to prisons?
- What can you send to inmates?
- Can you hug an inmate during visitation?
- What can I do with old encyclopedias?
- Where can you sell used books for cash?
- Does Salvation Army accept encyclopedias?
Can you donate books to jails?
Donating to Prison Libraries.
Provides a lIst of prisons that accept books.
Please send books directly to the prison.
Accepts book donations by mail, but strongly encourages considering donating books to one of its sister “books to prisoners” programs (linked on their website) that may be geographically closer.
How do you send books to prisons?
Some important things to remember when sending books, magazines or newspapers to an inmate:
- Do not send more then 3 books at a time.
- All books must be new and soft cover (no hardcover or spiral bound)
- Always ship USPS.
- Use the inmate’s name and ID number with the facility mailing address.
Who picks up books for donation?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
How do I dispose of old law books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where can I donate encyclopedias?
They take donations of all kinds, including books and even encyclopedia sets. Donations can be given directly at a nearby store, usually during specific hours and in the back of the store, or can be given by contacting your nearest Salvation Army or Goodwill and having them pick up the donation.
Can you donate bras?
Free the Girls accepts new and gently used bras of all sizes, styles, and types. If there isn’t one near you, you can also mail your bras directly to the organization. You can even send a note to the girls who receive the bras along with your donation.
Does Amazon ship books to prisons?
About Shipping to Prisons. Amazon.com delivers to penitentiaries, but we strongly suggest you contact the prison first to confirm that they accept deliveries and to note any special regulations the prison might have. Some prisons don’t allow delivery of hardcover books.
What can you send to inmates?
Here’s our list of the five best things to send inmates in a care package:
- Letters and Messages. According to PrisonPro.com, sending correspondence is the number one best way to help your loved one feel connected to home.
- Commissary Money.
- Books, Magazines and Newspapers.
- Celebratory Cards.
Can you hug an inmate during visitation?
Their a several different types of visitation for inmates. Although contact can occur between you and the inmate, you are limited in how much touching can take place. Usually a brief hug hello and goodbye are all that are allowed, holding hands is usually restricted, the guards will yell at you if you cross the line.
What can I do with old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Where can you sell used books for cash?
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
Does Salvation Army accept encyclopedias?
At the Salvation Army thrift store on Division Avenue SE, encyclopedias are on the list of “do not accept” items. Goodwill’s 12 retail stores in West Michigan accept encyclopedias, but don’t typically re-sell them in the stores.