How do you dispose of old textbooks?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Can textbooks go in recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.
Can I donate old textbooks?
There are a number of organizations where you can donate books locally, such as The Salvation Army, Goodwill or Reading Tree. Moreover, you can donate your old books to the local libraries or a not-for-profit thrift store, which again is helping your local community.
What should you not put in your recycling bin?
18 Common Items You Should Never Put in the Recycling Bin
- Pizza boxes. The grease can’t be separated from the paper fibers.
- Light bulbs. Check your state regulations for disposal.
- Food soiled containers. There can’t be any residue.
- Aluminum foil. The foil isn’t recyclable.
- Capped water bottles. The caps have to be separate from the bottle.
- Drinking glasses.