- What to do with old books you can’t sell?
- Can I donate books to the NY Public Library?
- What can I do with old uni textbooks?
- What can I do with old encyclopedias?
- Where can I get rid of used books?
- How do I sell old books?
- How do I sell used books on Amazon?
- Where can I donate books in Westchester NY?
- Where can I donate books in Brooklyn?
- Does Goodwill accept old textbooks?
- Can I donate old textbooks to Goodwill?
- Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
Most libraries have a Friends of the Library Society.
These societies hold book sales and other fundraisers to benefit the libraries.
The groups use donated books to stock library shelves or resell the books at fundraising events.
Typically, library societies accept like-new and gently used book donations.
What to do with old books you can’t sell?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Can I donate books to the NY Public Library?
New York City libraries will consider accepting most types of books and textbooks from donors, assuming the items are in good condition and the library staff thinks the donated books are appropriate for the library’s circulating collection.
What can I do with old uni textbooks?
- Thrift store. Donate to your local thrift shop such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army!
- Transform into gift tags or envelopes.
- Let your books travel the world.
- Book headboard.
- 5. Make a change with Textbooks for Change.
- Build a free mailbox library.
- White elephant book exchange.
- Potted books.
What can I do with old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Where can I get rid of used books?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
How do I sell old books?
Here’s where to sell used books, whether online or in-person.
We’ve got options for selling textbooks, as well as hardcovers and paperbacks.
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
How do I sell used books on Amazon?
Suggested clip · 95 seconds
How to Sell Used Textbooks on Amazon – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Where can I donate books in Westchester NY?
But there are other organizations and institutions who are happy to receive your used (in good condition) books.
- BIG BROTHERS & BIG SISTERS OF WESTCHESTER. 877-399-2570.
- DARIEN BOOK AID PLAN.
- FAMILY ISLANDS (EXUMA CHAIN) BOOK INITIATIVE.
- FRIENDS OF THE BYRAM SHUBERT (GREENWICH) LIBRARY.
- THE SALVATION ARMY.
Where can I donate books in Brooklyn?
- Weeksville Heritage Center. 12 reviews. Community Service/Non-Profit.
- Freebird Books & Goods. 24 reviews.
- Queens Library – Elmhurst. 31 reviews.
- Brooklyn Public Library. 144 reviews.
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center. 39 reviews.
- Community Bookstore. 70 reviews.
- Unnameable Books. 98 reviews.
- WORD. 123 reviews.
Does Goodwill accept old textbooks?
Drop your old textbooks off at your nearest Goodwill store. If you do not have a Goodwill store in your area, you can make arrangements for them to come and pick up your donations. Goodwill will even give you a receipt that you can use as a deduction on your taxes.
Can I donate old textbooks to Goodwill?
There are a number of organizations where you can donate books locally, such as The Salvation Army, Goodwill or Reading Tree. Moreover, you can donate your old books to the local libraries or a not-for-profit thrift store, which again is helping your local community.
Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
Best Websites to Sell Your Textbooks
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.