Note regarding furniture: Goodwill accepts usable furniture that can be sold in our stores.
To ensure the safety of our employees, we ask that donations of furniture be made at our retail stores whenever possible.
These lists are to be used as guidelines.
Does goodwill take furniture donations?
The charitable organization accepts used furniture and other household items. Donated items go to fund their resale store, and the proceeds benefit the Goodwill charity. You can use the Goodwill Locator to find a drop-off center near you. Some Goodwill stores also pick up donated furniture.
Who will pick up furniture for donation?
6 Organizations That Pick Up Your Donations for Free
- Salvation Army.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Pick Up Please.
- Furniture Bank.
What items does goodwill not accept?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
What kind of items does goodwill take?
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions.
- Clothing, shoes and boots.
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves.
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs.
- Games, toys and sports equipment.