You can donate small electronic items such as lamps, radios or television sets if they’re working.
However, the Salvation Army doesn’t accept TVs more than five years old.
Cell phones, laptops, computers and other electronic devices are accepted, but delete all your personal information first.
What items does goodwill not take?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
Does Salvation Army accept old TVs?
Find a charity organization that will accept a donated television. Many thrift stores, such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army, accept older-model televisions still in working condition. Some technical colleges will accept both working and non-working sets to use as parts for students in training.
Does Salvation Army take medical equipment?
In cities all across the United States, organizations such as the Salvation Army and Goodwill are able to take items such as walkers, wheelchairs and other medical equipment. Donation is one of the best ways to dispose of used, but functional wheelchairs and medical equipment.
How do I donate to the Salvation Army?
Schedule a Free Donation Pick Up
Call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) to discuss a free pick up of your clothing, furniture or household items or to find out the nearest drop off location bin.
What items does goodwill accept?
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions.
- Clothing, shoes and boots.
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves.
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs.
- Games, toys and sports equipment.
Who will pick up donations for free?
6 Organizations That Pick Up Your Donations for Free
- Salvation Army.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Pick Up Please.
- Furniture Bank.
What can I do with my old TV?
Method 1 Recycling Your TV
- Call your waste disposal company to find a recycling site. Most states have laws preventing you from leaving TVs and other electronics outside for trash pickup.
- Look for a recycling program in your area.
- Call BestBuy to get rid of your old TV.
- Return the used television to the manufacturer.
Can I donate my old TV?
Most charitable organizations like Goodwill or Salvation Army will accept TV donations, though you should call ahead to check if your TV is particularly huge. Try calling up your local Goodwill, Salvation Army, or even a school or public library, and see if they’re in need of a TV.
Does Best Buy take old TV?
Best Buy accepts most electronics and large appliances, with a few exceptions. All U.S. stores, including those in Puerto Rico, offer the in-store programs for customers to bring their old, unused, or unwanted consumer electronics for recycling, no matter where they were purchased.