- What items does Salvation Army accept?
- What items does goodwill not take?
- Can I donate toys to Salvation Army?
- Does Salvation Army take old TVs?
- Will Salvation Army come inside to pick up furniture?
- What organizations pick up used furniture?
- What items does goodwill accept?
- Who will pick up donations for free?
- Can I just drop stuff off at Goodwill?
- How do I get a Toys for Tots donation box?
- What can you do with old toys?
- What is the best organization to donate clothes?
Like the Salvation Army, it has a network of thrift stores that sell furniture and other household goods.
The organization will accept most furniture but particularly requests chairs, kitchen tables, entertainment centers and storage items.
What items does Salvation Army accept?
Clothing and Smaller Items
It also accepts recordings, compact discs, jewelry, shoes, purses and accessories. You can donate books, but not magazines or encyclopedias. Collectibles, jewelry, small antiques and linens such as sheets, blankets, pillowcases and towels are welcome.
What items does goodwill not take?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
Can I donate toys to Salvation Army?
Salvation Army and Goodwill are the most recognizable charities where toys are donated. Just be sure to call your local donation center first because some, but not all, have stopped accepting toy donations. The toys may go directly to a less fortunate child, or they’ll be sold in the organization’s thrift store.
Does Salvation Army take old TVs?
Many thrift stores, such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army, accept older-model televisions still in working condition. Some technical colleges will accept both working and non-working sets to use as parts for students in training.
Will Salvation Army come inside to pick up furniture?
In many areas the Salvation Army will come pick-up items at your home. Simply log onto http://www.satruck.org and click on the “Schedule a Free Pick-Up” icon. The Salvation Army operates 7,546 centers in communities across the United States.
What organizations pick up used furniture?
National charitable organizations that accept donated furniture include:
- The National Furniture Bank Association.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Donation Town.
- The Salvation Army.
- Homeless Shelters.
- Battered Women’s Shelters.
- Local Thrift Stores.
What items does goodwill accept?
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions.
- Clothing, shoes and boots.
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves.
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs.
- Games, toys and sports equipment.
Who will pick up donations for free?
6 Organizations That Pick Up Your Donations for Free
- Salvation Army.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Pick Up Please.
- Furniture Bank.
Can I just drop stuff off at Goodwill?
Goodwill stores across the country accept donations of clothes and household items to help fund job training, employment placement services and other community programs. Generally speaking, there are no firm rules when it comes to getting your donation ready.
How do I get a Toys for Tots donation box?
Go to the website http://www.toysfortots.org/.
- Click on the button entitled Donate or Request a Toy, at the top of the screen.
- Choose your state.
- Choose your city.
- Click on the button titled Request a Toy, found at the top of the screen.
What can you do with old toys?
Toy Donation Options
- Resell Charities. Charity thrift stores such as Goodwill and The Salvation Army accept toys and then put them on the store floor for others to buy.
- Local Shelters and Children’s Centers.
- Preschools and Nurseries.
- Church Charities.
What is the best organization to donate clothes?
Where to Donate Clothes
- Goodwill. One of the most widely known charitable organizations where you can donate clothes is Goodwill.
- Salvation Army. Another organization that you can donate clothing to is the Salvation Army.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- St. Vincent de Paul.
- Project G.L.A.M.
- Room to Grow.
- The Arc.