Appliances such as washers, dryers, air conditioners, stoves, microwaves, TVs and refrigerators are all accepted.
Miscellaneous items such as bicycles, lawn mowers, toys and even office equipment.
What items does Salvation Army accept?
Clothing and Smaller Items
It also accepts recordings, compact discs, jewelry, shoes, purses and accessories. You can donate books, but not magazines or encyclopedias. Collectibles, jewelry, small antiques and linens such as sheets, blankets, pillowcases and towels are welcome.
How do I donate a lawn mower?
Fortunately, donating your used lawn mower is fairly easy.
Donate your used lawn mower to a thrift store or re-use center.
- Call a local thrift store or re-use center to inquire if they accept lawn mowers.
- Drop the lawn mower off at the thrift store or re-use center.
- Leave your lawn mower outside for pick-up.
What goodwill will not take?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
Does Salvation Army pick up?
Donating goods: If you have questions about donating clothing, furniture, and household items, or to schedule a pick-up, please visit SATRUCK.org or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825). If you would like to visit our donation value guide, please click here.
Is Salvation Army pick up free?
Schedule a Free Donation Pick Up
Call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) to discuss a free pick up of your clothing, furniture or household items or to find out the nearest drop off location bin. If you have any questions about any of the items you wish to donate, please call 1-800-SATRUCK.
Does Salvation Army take furniture?
Charities accept furniture if it’s in decent shape—no broken parts or big rips or stains. The Salvation Army and some Goodwill programs provide pickup service, usually within 48 hours, and tax receipts. Linens: Goodwill and Salvation Army thrift stores accept towels, sheets, curtains, and such.