- What should I do with old textbooks?
- Where can I donate college textbooks?
- Does goodwill take old textbooks?
- Can you recycle old textbooks?
- How do you store old textbooks?
- Where can I sell my old textbooks?
- What can you donate to Salvation Army?
- How do you dispose of old encyclopedias?
- Where can I donate clothes hangers?
- Can you put hardcover books in recycling?
- What do you do with used magazines?
- How can I recycle old yearbooks?
- Should books be stored flat or upright?
- How do I protect my textbooks?
- How do I protect my books in storage?
Vinyl records, cassette tapes (including books on tape), CDs, and video games.
Hardback and paperback books, including textbooks and encyclopedias.
What should I do with old textbooks?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where can I donate college textbooks?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
Does goodwill take old textbooks?
Drop your old textbooks off at your nearest Goodwill store. If you do not have a Goodwill store in your area, you can make arrangements for them to come and pick up your donations. Goodwill will even give you a receipt that you can use as a deduction on your taxes.
Can you recycle old textbooks?
Most curbside recycling programs accept magazines and paperback books as mixed paper. Some programs specifically exclude hardcover books because of the binding, unless you remove it. You definitely want to check with your local program, though. Yes.
How do you store old textbooks?
- Store books long-term in plastic bins.
- Find an appropriate space for storing your bins of books.
- Keep books in rooms with relatively low humidity.
- Keep books away from direct heat.
- Reduce exposure to direct light.
- Store books upright or flat.
- Protect books from bookworms.
- Store rare books in custom sleeves.
Where can I sell my old textbooks?
Best Places to Sell Textbooks Online
- BookScouter. BookScouter prides itself on being the world’s largest textbook buyback price comparison tool.
- Bookbyte. Another great place to sell your used textbooks online is Bookbyte.
What can you donate to Salvation Army?
What Items Does the Salvation Army Accept? In addition to money, the Salvation Army accepts donations of vehicles, furniture, appliances, clothing and countless other household items.
How do you dispose of old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Where can I donate clothes hangers?
How to Donate Plastic Hangers
- Contact local dry cleaners. Most dry cleaners reuse plastic hangers and accept donations.
- Ask area schools and day care centers if they can use extra hangers.
- Bring a few plastic hangers to your place of work if there seems to be a shortage there.
- Look for clothes you don’t wear anymore.
Can you put hardcover books in recycling?
While paperback books are commonly accepted in curbside recycling programs, their hardcover cousins can be a bit trickier to recycle. That’s because the rigid cover can be made with cloth, leather, or plastic, and the glue used to bind it is not easily removed. But hardcover books are designed to last generations.
What do you do with used magazines?
Top 7 Places To Donate Magazines When Decluttering Your Home
- Your Local Library.
- Nursing Homes And Retirement Communities.
- Military Troops.
- Women Or Family Shelters.
- Doctor And Dentist Offices, Hospitals And Other Waiting Rooms.
- Preschools And Daycare Centers For Use In Crafts.
- Swap Magazines With Your Friends And Family.
How can I recycle old yearbooks?
Yes, for the most part, yearbooks should be recyclable since they are made mostly from paper. If it has a hard cover or other inserts, you should not put it in your curbside bin. First you should check with the school it came from and local libraries to see if they are interested in holding on to your old yearbook.
Should books be stored flat or upright?
In general, small and medium-sized books will be safe either lying flat or standing upright—if you do store them upright, don’t stack anything else on top of them. Heavier, large books should be laid flat.
How do I protect my textbooks?
Suggested clip · 63 seconds
Protecting Hardcover Books – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I protect my books in storage?
Pack books in small or medium size boxes or plastic containers. For rare or limited edition books you will want to take special care when placing in storage. Wrap each book in a paper towel or bubble wrap to protect the surface from dirt or residue buildup. Never wrap books in plastic bags, plastic wrap or foil.