Your Local Library.
One of my favorite places to donate both books and magazines is to my local library.
Even if the library does not need the magazines itself, for its patrons, many libraries hold a Friend of the Library Sale where they can sell your used magazines to help with their own fundraising.
Can you donate old magazines?
Wondering where to donate old magazines? You can donate used magazines to a charitable organization, a school, a community group, a hospital or library. DonationTown.org will do its best to help you find a charity in its ever-growing nationwide database that will accept your magazine donations.
What should I do with old magazines?
10 Things to do with old Magazines!
- Collages with your kids!
- Wrapping Paper.
- Scavenger hunt.
- Make Jewellery: There are tons of cool ideas online for making jewellery out of magazines…
- Donate them: Leave them at the hospital in the waiting room or take them to the women’s shelter where surely somebody will appreciate reading them.
Where can I find old magazines for free?
Google Books displays several old Magazines for free :
- Here is the list for english magazines (click on a magazine then click on the left “Browse all issues” to display all available issues for this magazine)
- Life Magazine : 1953-1972.
- Popular Mechanics: 1922 -2005.
- Popular Science : 1925-2009.
- New Scientist : 1964-1989.
Does Salvation Army accept magazines?
The Salvation Army accepts all clothing for men, women, infants and children. It also accepts recordings, compact discs, jewelry, shoes, purses and accessories. You can donate books, but not magazines or encyclopedias.
Where can I donate used magazines?
Here are the top seven places to consider, in no particular order, when you decide to donate magazines to charity or another organization or business.
- Your Local Library.
- Nursing Homes And Retirement Communities.
- Military Troops.
- Women Or Family Shelters.
- Doctor And Dentist Offices, Hospitals And Other Waiting Rooms.
Does anyone want old National Geographic magazines?
People can borrow the magazines not only for research, but for casual reading. Donate them to a medical office. Nearly every doctor’s office will keep magazines in the waiting room for patients to read before their appointment. A donation of your old magazines will likely be appreciated.