11 ways to get free or discount books for college
- The first place to look for free text books is your university’s library.
- Bartleby.com has free books that can be read in your browser, so make sure to bookmark the books you need for class.
- Project Gutenberg has over 43,000 free ebooks.
- Borrow the textbook from a friend and take it to your local copy place.
How can I get college books for cheap?
Buying On The Cheap
- Ebay.com. Bid on auctions or Buy It Now!
- AbeBooks.com. This site sells both new and used textbooks.
- Better World Books. If you’re feeling charitable, Better World Books accepts used book donations to eliminate trash and resells them at a discount.
Where can I get PDF textbooks for free?
7 websites to download books in PDF
- Library Genesis. Library Genesis is where you can search for millions of books and articles.
- Bookboon.com. Another free PDF website to grab eBooks and textbooks is BookBoon.com.
- Free Computer Books.
- CALAMEO PDF DOWNLOADER.
How do I find out what books I need for college?
Visit a student bookstore on or near campus. These bookstores coordinate efforts with instructors of the college courses to have the books on hand that students need. Find the subject area of your course and look for the course number. Books here are organized by the instructors’ last names.
Can you rent textbooks from the library?
Rent your textbooks in other ways.
Much like online movie-rental services, sites like BookRenter.com and Chegg.com allows you to rent textbooks rather than buy them. The savings can be substantial, so long as you’re careful to return your books on time so your rentals don’t get converted to purchases.