Still, no matter your course of study, you can apply some of these basic tips to save on college textbooks.
- Steer clear of the bookstore. This is the No.
- Buy used.
- Check the library.
- Rent books.
- Opt for ebooks.
- Consider buying the older edition.
- Decide which you’ll use long-term.
What is the best way to buy college textbooks?
Here are several top textbook sites for buying or renting cheap college books online.
- Chegg. Chegg is a wonderful site for finding affordable college books online.
How can I get college textbooks for cheap?
Buying On The Cheap
- Ebay.com. Bid on auctions or Buy It Now!
- AbeBooks.com. This site sells both new and used textbooks.
- Better World Books. If you’re feeling charitable, Better World Books accepts used book donations to eliminate trash and resells them at a discount.
Is renting college textbooks a good idea?
There are a few main reasons to rent textbooks. In most cases, renting college textbooks is also usually cheaper than buying and then reselling your used book. Sometimes students will get lucky and be able to resell their textbook for a good price, but that typically doesn’t happen with every book, every semester.
Where can I download free college books?
9 Fantastic Websites that Offer Free College Textbooks
- Open Textbook Library.
- Saylor Academy.
- Textbook Revolution.
- Online Mathematics Textbooks.
- Project Gutenberg.