8 Ways to Save Money on College Textbooks
- Steer clear of the bookstore. This is the No.
- Buy used. College students have been buying used textbooks for years, and they shouldn’t stop now.
- Check the library.
- Rent books.
- Opt for ebooks.
- Consider buying the older edition.
- Decide which you’ll use long-term.
Is renting college textbooks a good idea?
There are a few main reasons to rent textbooks. In most cases, renting college textbooks is also usually cheaper than buying and then reselling your used book. Sometimes students will get lucky and be able to resell their textbook for a good price, but that typically doesn’t happen with every book, every semester.
What is the best way to buy college textbooks?
Here are several top textbook sites for buying or renting cheap college books online.
- Chegg. Chegg is a wonderful site for finding affordable college books online.
Is it better to buy new or used textbooks?
Students who shop online almost always have the opportunity to buy cheaper used books. Here are a few reasons why used books are better than new ones. Used books are cheaper than brand new ones. Online used book prices are often much lower, allowing you to buy textbooks that are cheaper.
How can I get college textbooks for cheap?
Buying On The Cheap
- Ebay.com. Bid on auctions or Buy It Now!
- AbeBooks.com. This site sells both new and used textbooks.
- Better World Books. If you’re feeling charitable, Better World Books accepts used book donations to eliminate trash and resells them at a discount.