- Where can I dispose of old magazines?
- Can I put old magazines in the recycle bin?
- Can you donate magazines to Goodwill?
- Are old magazines worth keeping?
- Will Salvation Army take magazines?
- Where can I find free magazines?
- Can you recycle National Geographic magazines?
- Can magazines be recycled?
- Can you recycle magazines for money?
- What items does goodwill not take?
- What items does goodwill accept?
- What can you do with old stuffed animals?
Where can I dispose of old magazines?
Here are the top seven places to consider, in no particular order, when you decide to donate magazines to charity or another organization or business.
- Your Local Library.
- Nursing Homes And Retirement Communities.
- Military Troops.
- Women Or Family Shelters.
- Doctor And Dentist Offices, Hospitals And Other Waiting Rooms.
Can I put old magazines in the recycle bin?
Some consumers think glossy paper can’t be recycled. That may have been true in the early days of recycling, but no longer. With today’s recycling technology, nearly all community recycling programs accept glossy magazines and catalogs for recycling.
Can you donate magazines to Goodwill?
Also, your magazine donations can be appreciated by others. Donating old magazines can make interesting reading material for people waiting for doctor’s appointments. Donated magazines can give friends and family members of hospital patients a few moments’ respite, a chance to get their minds off weightier things.
Are old magazines worth keeping?
Generally, no. Unless you have space and keeping old magazines gives you pleasure, then sure. But don’t collect them because you expect that they will be worth something someday. Now go to eBay and find that magazine from your birth month and year.1 Mar 2016
Will Salvation Army take magazines?
The Salvation Army accepts all clothing for men, women, infants and children. It also accepts recordings, compact discs, jewelry, shoes, purses and accessories. You can donate books, but not magazines or encyclopedias.28 Feb 2018
Where can I find free magazines?
Instead of paying those high subscription fees, check out these seven great sites where you can snag these mags for free or very cheap:
- Here on KCL!
- Mercury Magazines.
- Best Deal Magazines.
12 Sep 2013
Can you recycle National Geographic magazines?
People can borrow the magazines not only for research, but for casual reading. Donate them to a medical office. Nearly every doctor’s office will keep magazines in the waiting room for patients to read before their appointment. A donation of your old magazines will likely be appreciated.23 Mar 2017
Can magazines be recycled?
Most curbside recycling programs accept magazines and paperback books as mixed paper. Why can’t wet books and magazines be recycled? Even though the paper recycling process introduces water, when you get paper wet and it dries, it manipulates the fibers (as a result, it feels more stiff).
Can you recycle magazines for money?
Most curbside programs accept them for recycling. Many recycling centers will take them also. Collections of magazines may be valuable to collectors, depending on their age and condition. Magazines can also be great for craft projects of all sorts.5 Mar 2015
What items does goodwill not take?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
24 Feb 2014
What items does goodwill accept?
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions.
- Clothing, shoes and boots.
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves.
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs.
- Games, toys and sports equipment.
What can you do with old stuffed animals?
- Give them away directly to people who want them. I’ve successfully used my local freecycle group to give away stuffed animals.
- Give them to Goodwill or other thrift stores.
- Donate via SAFE: Stuffed Animals for Emergencies.
- Donate to police or fire departments.
- Give them to animal shelters.
11 Jan 2018