How do I get rid of used books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
What to do with books when moving?
8 Tips for Moving When You Have a Ton of Books
- Cull your shelves.
- Use small boxes.
- Think creatively about packing options.
- Pack strategically and label judiciously.
- Box the books early.
- Pack carefully.
- Remember your emergency reading materials.
- Unpack the books first-ish (or get them out of the way)
How do I downsize my book collection?
Downsizing Books: Learning to Let Go
- Create Three Categories: Share. Donate.
- Find Your Resolve.
- Go Through Every Book.
- Smart rule of thumb: If you’ve owned it for more than a one year and you still haven’t cracked it open, chances are good you never will.
- Be Honest With Yourself.
- Donate books.
- Organize Your New Book Collection.
- Put Them on Display.
How do you declutter when moving?
Here are six ways to declutter when you move:
- Evaluate everything. The act of picking up, packing, and lifting full boxes can provide an appreciation for what we continue to carry.
- Scan for dust.
- Challenge tendencies to collect and hoard.
- Practice letting go.
- Donate and sell stuff.
- Embrace friends and family.
What can I do with books I no longer want?
If you’re feeling generous, donating your used books can be a great way to find them a loving home.
- Libraries. Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser.
- Local thrift stores. Goodwill accepts a lot more than clothes.
- Prisons. Prisons desperately need used books.
Where can I drop off unwanted books?
Where to Donate Books Locally
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Libraries. Most libraries have a Friends of the Library Society.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.