- What is the best decluttering book?
- How do I get rid of books?
- How do I downsize my book collection?
- How do I organize my book collection?
- What is a KonMari method?
- How do you get organized?
- What can I do with books I no longer want?
- Where can I drop off unwanted books?
- Can you put books in the recycling bin?
What is the best decluttering book?
These are my picks for the four best books on decluttering, organizing, and minimalism.
- The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life by Francine Jay.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo.
How do I get rid of books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
How do I downsize my book collection?
Downsizing Books: Learning to Let Go
- Create Three Categories: Share. Donate.
- Find Your Resolve.
- Go Through Every Book.
- Smart rule of thumb: If you’ve owned it for more than a one year and you still haven’t cracked it open, chances are good you never will.
- Be Honest With Yourself.
- Donate books.
- Organize Your New Book Collection.
- Put Them on Display.
How do I organize my book collection?
Here’s how to decide which books to keep or get rid of.
- Separate your hard covers and paperbacks.
- Arrange your books by color.
- Don’t be afraid to stack books.
- Organize books by genre or subject.
- Display your favorite books front and center.
- Organize your books alphabetically.
- Group together the books you haven’t read yet.
What is a KonMari method?
The KonMari method is a system of simplifying and organizing your home by getting rid of physical items that do not bring joy into your life. The appeal of Marie Kondo’s KonMari method is that it can be applied to all of parts of your life.
How do you get organized?
Really organized people are not born organized, they have to cultivate healthy habits, which then help them to stay organized.
- Write Things Down.
- 2. Make Schedules and Deadlines.
- Don’t Procrastinate.
- Give Everything a Home.
- Declutter Regularly.
- Keep Only What You Need.
- Know Where to Discard Items.
- Stay Away from Bargains.
What can I do with books I no longer want?
If you’re feeling generous, donating your used books can be a great way to find them a loving home.
- Libraries. Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser.
- Local thrift stores. Goodwill accepts a lot more than clothes.
- Prisons. Prisons desperately need used books.
Where can I drop off unwanted books?
Where to Donate Books Locally
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Libraries. Most libraries have a Friends of the Library Society.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
Can you put books in the recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.