How do you maintain a library?
What’s the best way care for library materials?
- Return library materials in the same condition as you received them.
- Let Circulation know if an item needs to be repaired.
- Keep your items from getting wet.
- Use a bookmark.
- Keep food and drink away from your items.
- Keep library materials away from pets, especially teething puppies!
How do you organize a small library?
Suggested clip · 30 seconds
How to Organize a Home Library – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How can I improve my library skills?
Make your library an easier place to learn and work.
- Manage noise: Create quiet learning areas so that patrons aren’t disturbed by talking, cell phones, and other distractions.
- Use signs to make areas clear: Use large signs to tell people when they’re in the childrens’ section, or a no cell phone zone.
Is there an app to keep track of books you own?
Litsy. If you’re looking for an app that’s a bit more interactive, try Litsy. An app that’s basically Goodreads-meets-Instagram, Litsy lets you share “bookish moments” with your friends — anything from a photo of a book to a favorite quote from what you’re reading. You can even share reviews and blurbs.