- What is a book in good condition?
- What does very good mean on Amazon used books?
- What does dust jacket condition mean?
- What used good means?
- What is considered a collectible book?
- What are the parts of a book called?
- Are used books on Amazon in good condition?
- Is good better than acceptable?
- What does acceptable condition mean on ThriftBooks?
- What is the point of book jackets?
- What is the meaning of book jacket?
- Are dust jackets necessary?
What is a book in good condition?
Fine (F or FN): A Fine book approaches the condition of As New, but without being crisp.
The book may have been opened and read, but there are no defects to the book, jacket or pages.
Very Good (VG): Describes a book that shows some small signs of wear – but no tears – on either binding or paper.
What does very good mean on Amazon used books?
Collectible – Very Good: A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. Item and instructions are complete and undamaged but may show some signs of wear. Collectible – Good: Item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition.
What does dust jacket condition mean?
The dust jacket (sometimes book jacket, dust wrapper or dust cover) of a book is the detachable outer cover, usually made of paper and printed with text and illustrations. In addition to its promotional role, the dust jacket protects the book covers from damage.
What used good means?
A secondhand or used good is a piece of personal property that is being purchased by or otherwise transferred to a second or later end user. A used good can also simply mean it is no longer in the same condition as it was when transferred to the current owner.
What is considered a collectible book?
Collectible – Good: All pages and the cover are intact, including the dust jacket, if applicable. Spine may show signs of wear. Generally, books in Good condition are not considered to be collectible grade. • Collectible – Acceptable: A readable copy showing significant wear.
What are the parts of a book called?
The inside of your book, which we call the book block, is divided into three main sections: the front matter, book block text, and back matter. Please make sure that the manuscript you submit to iUniverse includes all three sections combined into a single document and in the correct format.
Are used books on Amazon in good condition?
Collectible – Good: All pages and the cover are intact, including the dust jacket, if applicable. Spine may show signs of wear. Generally, books in Good condition are not considered to be collectible grade.
Is good better than acceptable?
As adjectives the difference between good and acceptable
is that good is (lb) of people while acceptable is capable, worthy, or sure of being accepted or received with pleasure; pleasing to a receiver; gratifying; agreeable; welcome; as, an acceptable” present, one ”acceptable to us.
What does acceptable condition mean on ThriftBooks?
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. * ThriftBooks Deal: Items with a Deal tag are rated as being in Acceptable or Good condition as defined above.
What is the point of book jackets?
The primary purpose of the dust jacket is, of course, to protect a collectible book from damage, the very reason you see it vanish first.
What is the meaning of book jacket?
1. book jacket – a paper jacket for a book; a jacket on which promotional information is usually printed. dust cover, dust jacket, dust wrapper. jacket – an outer wrapping or casing; “phonograph records were sold in cardboard jackets”
Are dust jackets necessary?
Dust jackets are so important that sometimes an essentially worthless book can be valuable because of its dust jacket. It is not even a great protector against dust as it does not protect the top edges of a book. It does, however, protect the book against wear.