- Is it a good idea to rent college textbooks?
- How much does it cost to rent college textbooks?
- Is Chegg reliable for textbooks?
- Will Amazon let you rent college textbooks?
- Do you need to buy college textbooks?
- Where can I find cheap college textbooks?
- Where is the best place to buy college textbooks?
- Can you rent books for college?
- How does renting textbooks on Amazon work?
- Is Chegg free?
- Is using Chegg cheating?
- How long does it take for chegg textbooks to arrive?
- Why are textbooks so expensive?
- Is Amazon textbook rental return free?
- Can you return textbooks to Amazon?
- How can I get free college textbooks?
- What do you do with used college textbooks?
- Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
You can try to sell your purchased textbooks directly to other students rather than to the bookstore, which might get you closer to what you originally spent.
Renting your books is usually cheaper.
You pay the cost up front, which is a fraction of the cost, and just return your book at the end of the semester.
Is it a good idea to rent college textbooks?
There are a few main reasons to rent textbooks. In most cases, renting college textbooks is also usually cheaper than buying and then reselling your used book. Sometimes students will get lucky and be able to resell their textbook for a good price, but that typically doesn’t happen with every book, every semester.
How much does it cost to rent college textbooks?
Just like purchasing a book, it’s a good idea to comparison shop if you intend to rent college textbooks. The prices can vary from company to company. For example, if you needed to rent the “History of Modern Design,” the fee is about $35 on Barnes & Noble. Chegg has it for just $26.
Is Chegg reliable for textbooks?
Yes, they are a respectable and trustworthy vendor to buy or rent your textbooks from. Yes, Chegg offers great deals and can be worth it, but with all of the options and vendors available on BIGWORDS.com, including Chegg, does shopping on Chegg.com alone provide you with the best deals on textbooks?
Will Amazon let you rent college textbooks?
Yes, when you rent textbooks at Amazon.com, you may purchase the textbook after the first 30 days of your rental period. Simply visit the Amazon PC site, go to Your Account and select Textbook Rentals to view your rental library. Select the textbook you wish to purchase and then proceed through the checkout process.
Do you need to buy college textbooks?
Students may choose not to purchase textbooks for a number of reasons. However, another reason that students may not purchase a textbook for a particular course may be that it isn’t really used. Although almost every college course requires a textbook of some sort, some college professors never use or refer to it.
Where can I find cheap college textbooks?
Buying On The Cheap
- Ebay.com. Bid on auctions or Buy It Now!
- AbeBooks.com. This site sells both new and used textbooks.
- Better World Books. If you’re feeling charitable, Better World Books accepts used book donations to eliminate trash and resells them at a discount.
Where is the best place to buy college textbooks?
Here are several top textbook sites for buying or renting cheap college books online.
- Chegg. Chegg is a wonderful site for finding affordable college books online.
Can you rent books for college?
Rent your textbooks in other ways.
Much like online movie-rental services, sites like BookRenter.com and Chegg.com allows you to rent textbooks rather than buy them. The savings can be substantial, so long as you’re careful to return your books on time so your rentals don’t get converted to purchases.
How does renting textbooks on Amazon work?
Rent a Textbook. Textbook Rentals allow you to rent items from the Textbook Rentals store for a semester, with the option to extend your rental period or purchase the book. When you rent textbooks on Amazon.com, we don’t guarantee supplemental materials will be included. Select the Rent button on the product page.
Is Chegg free?
Join for free and get a free tutoring session.
As a college or high school student, you can join Chegg for free and pay no monthly subscription fee. You’ll also be treated to a free 30-minute one-to-one session with a live tutor. Once you are a user, you can rent books and search for textbook answers.
Is using Chegg cheating?
“Chegg does not tolerate cheating. When users violate our Honor Code policies, whether they are within the Chegg Tutor experience, while using Chegg Study, or across any of our products and services, we remove those users from the platform.
How long does it take for chegg textbooks to arrive?
When the slower book arrives, just return it within 21 days of placing the order. Once we receive it at the warehouse, we’ll refund the amount you paid, minus original shipping. You can print your prepaid UPS return label now to be ready to paste it on the box and send it back as soon as it arrives.
Why are textbooks so expensive?
Textbooks are costly because publishers release expensive new editions each year, undermining the used-book market, says Alex Neal, CEO of Campusbooks.com. “Since the publishers don’t make any money off used-book sales, their business model is to make the old editions obsolete and force you to buy a new book,” he says.
Is Amazon textbook rental return free?
When you’re ready to return your textbook, you must open your Amazon account and navigate to the textbook rental section. You can select the books you want to return, and you’ll be able to print out a packing slip and a shipping label. Returning the books is free.
Can you return textbooks to Amazon?
You can return most items purchased at Amazon Books for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Purchases made on Amazon,cannot be returned to the Amazon Books stores. To return these items, please use our Online Return Center.
How can I get free college textbooks?
11 ways to get free or discount books for college
- The first place to look for free text books is your university’s library.
- Bartleby.com has free books that can be read in your browser, so make sure to bookmark the books you need for class.
- Project Gutenberg has over 43,000 free ebooks.
- Borrow the textbook from a friend and take it to your local copy place.
What do you do with used college textbooks?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
Best Websites to Sell Your Textbooks
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.