How do I find out the value of a book?
How to search on AbeBooks to find the value of your book:
- Use the search box above – begin by completing the title and author fields.
- Look inside the book and identify the book’s publisher – complete the publisher field but leave out terms like limited, company or press.
What old books are worth money?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of Money!
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling:
What is the most valuable book in the world?
These Are Some Of The World’s Most Expensive Books
- Codex Leicester, Leonardo da Vinci ($30.8 million)
- The Magna Carta (original exemplar) ($21.2 million)
- The St.
- Bay Psalm Book ($14 million)
- Rothschild Prayer Book ($13.4 million)
- Birds of America, James Audubon ($11.5 million)
How do you know if a book is a first edition?
Identifying the First Edition of a Book
The publisher may actually state the words ‘first edition’ or ‘first printing’ on the copyright page. Another common method of identification is the number line – that’s a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then it’s a first edition.