Why You Should NEVER Throw Old Clothes In The Trash.
Textile waste decomposes to produce potent greenhouse gases.
That’s a bad thing, and not just because your old clothes could have been reused or recycled rather than being stuck in the ground.
Do H&M still take old clothes?
H&M clothes recycling programme
Donate any bag of old clothes or unwanted garments into an H&M shop and you’ll be given a £5 voucher to spend. Well you don’t need to have any H&M products to get the voucher. And you can also donate any kind of textile, whether its curtains or knickers as the fabrics are all recycled.
What do you do with old clothes?
What to do with old clothes
- Can it be repaired? Don’t give up so fast!
- Call your local thrift stores. Find out what their policies are for clothes in poor condition.
- Contact the manufacturer. Some brands have begun accepting back their own worn clothing.
- Send it somewhere useful.
- Upcycle the fabric yourself.
- Try composting.
Where can I get rid of old clothes for money?
Best Websites to Sell Used Clothes Online
- ThredUP. ThredUP brands itself as an online consignment and thrift store.
- Poshmark. If you get frequent compliments on your personal style, Poshmark might be a great way to earn some extra money.
- LePrix (formerly SnobSwap)
- Material World.
- The RealReal.
When should you give away clothes?
Try to clean out your closet at least once a year, or ideally, at the end of every season. Most consignment stores won’t accept clothing that’s more than two years old, so keep that timeline in mind when selecting pieces to donate.