- Where can you take old textbooks?
- Can you donate old textbooks?
- What do you do with old encyclopedias?
- Does Goodwill accept old textbooks?
- How do you sell used textbooks?
- Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
- Is Better World Books a nonprofit?
- Can you put books in the recycling bin?
- Does Goodwill accept old encyclopedias?
- Does Salvation Army accept encyclopedias?
- Is there a market for old encyclopedias?
- What items does goodwill not take?
- What can you do with old stuffed animals?
- Can you donate bras to Goodwill?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where can you take old textbooks?
Where to Donate Books Locally
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Libraries. Most libraries have a Friends of the Library Society.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
Can you donate old textbooks?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Local libraries could use your books in their system or find another avenue for book donation on your behalf.
What do you do with old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Does Goodwill accept old textbooks?
Drop your old textbooks off at your nearest Goodwill store. If you do not have a Goodwill store in your area, you can make arrangements for them to come and pick up your donations. Goodwill will even give you a receipt that you can use as a deduction on your taxes.
How do you sell used textbooks?
As you’ll see below, there’s no shortage of used book buyers!
- BookScouter. BookScouter prides itself on being the world’s largest textbook buyback price comparison tool.
- Bookbyte. Another great place to sell your used textbooks online is Bookbyte.
- Student 2 Student.
Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
Best Websites to Sell Your Textbooks
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.
Is Better World Books a nonprofit?
Better World Books. Better World Books is an online for-profit bookseller of used and new books, founded in 2002 by Christopher “Kreece” Fuchs, Xavier Helgesen and Jeff Kurtzman. It is a B Labs-certified B corporation, which donates books or a percentage of its profit to literacy programs around the world.
Can you put books in the recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.
Does Goodwill accept old encyclopedias?
Encyclopedias. These items are not saleable in our stores and cannot be recycled. Mattresses and box springs. Goodwill does not sell household units in the stores due to state laws requiring them to be sanitized.
Does Salvation Army accept encyclopedias?
At the Salvation Army thrift store on Division Avenue SE, encyclopedias are on the list of “do not accept” items. Goodwill’s 12 retail stores in West Michigan accept encyclopedias, but don’t typically re-sell them in the stores.
Is there a market for old encyclopedias?
Determining the value of a set of encyclopedias or even a single volume isn’t exceedingly difficult, but there is market variation. As one bookseller puts it, the value of a book is whatever someone will pay for it. And the fact is, most encyclopedia sets aren’t worth much at all.
What items does goodwill not take?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
What can you do with old stuffed animals?
- Give them away directly to people who want them. I’ve successfully used my local freecycle group to give away stuffed animals.
- Give them to Goodwill or other thrift stores.
- Donate via SAFE: Stuffed Animals for Emergencies.
- Donate to police or fire departments.
- Give them to animal shelters.
Can you donate bras to Goodwill?
Though donation guidelines vary by location, some may accept and sell clean, gently worn bras in their stores. Contact your local Goodwill to see if bras are an approved item are on their list. If you’re willing to donate your bras, chances are good that your relatives and friends would be willing to do the same.