10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Where can I donate my old college textbooks?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
Can you donate old textbooks?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Local libraries could use your books in their system or find another avenue for book donation on your behalf.
What can I do with loose leaf textbooks?
Remove the loose leaf textbook pages from the binder and secure them with a large rubber band, clip, and even saran wrap. Wrapping your loose leaf textbook in saran wrap is actually the most effective and secure way to mail in your loose leaf book. It keeps the pages together very well during shipment.