- Where can I donate used children’s books?
- Can you recycle old books?
- How do I sell used books?
- What can you do with old encyclopedias?
- Can you donate books to a library?
- Where can I donate old encyclopedias?
- Can I put books in the recycling bin?
- Can I put hardcover books in recycling?
- Where can I sell my old textbooks?
- Where can I sell my books for the most money?
- Does ThriftBooks buy used books?
- Where can you sell used books for cash?
Here is what we do with books the kids have outgrown or no longer read regularly:
- Give them to a Little Free Library.
- Donate to your school library.
- Donate to a nonprofit.
- Give to friends with younger kids.
- Hold a book swap.
- Try an online book exchange.
- Save your favorites.
- A last resort-recycle them.
7 Jul 2017
Where can I donate used children’s books?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
Can you recycle old books?
Most curbside recycling programs accept magazines and paperback books as mixed paper. Some programs specifically exclude hardcover books because of the binding, unless you remove it. Companies like Better World Books and Discover Books will accept books in good condition to sell them online.
How do I sell used books?
Here’s where to sell used books, whether online or in-person. We’ve got options for selling textbooks, as well as hardcovers and paperbacks.
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
31 Oct 2017
What can you do with old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Can you donate books to a library?
Where to Donate Books
- Libraries. Perhaps the most obvious place to donate books is your local library.
- Daycare Centers and Schools.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Retirement Homes and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Books for Soldiers and Operation Paperback.
30 Jan 2019
Where can I donate old encyclopedias?
They take donations of all kinds, including books and even encyclopedia sets. Donations can be given directly at a nearby store, usually during specific hours and in the back of the store, or can be given by contacting your nearest Salvation Army or Goodwill and having them pick up the donation.
Can I put books in the recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.18 Mar 2015
Can I put hardcover books in recycling?
While paperback books are commonly accepted in curbside recycling programs, their hardcover cousins can be a bit trickier to recycle. That’s because the rigid cover can be made with cloth, leather, or plastic, and the glue used to bind it is not easily removed. But hardcover books are designed to last generations.13 Jun 2018
Where can I sell my old textbooks?
Best Places to Sell Textbooks Online
- BookScouter. BookScouter prides itself on being the world’s largest textbook buyback price comparison tool.
- Bookbyte. Another great place to sell your used textbooks online is Bookbyte.
22 Aug 2019
Where can I sell my books for the most money?
Best Websites to Sell Your Textbooks
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.
15 May 2019
Does ThriftBooks buy used books?
Our program allows libraries to repurpose books they no longer want or need on their shelves. Libraries send us books, make money, and create space for new material. ThriftBooks receives good quality, used books, lists them for sale, and finds new readers worldwide, extending the life of books.
Where can you sell used books for cash?
Here are the top 10 places to sell books for cash, while decluttering or just to make a little extra money for something you want or need.
- Amazon.com (as Third-Party Seller)
- Sell Back Your Book.
- Half Price Books Stores.
- Yard Sales & Garage Sales.