A no spend month or a no spend challenge is where you don’t spend money in a certain category or categories for a designated amount of time.
This could mean not spending any money on clothing, on junk food or going out to eat, on going to Target or some other store and randomly buying items, and so on.
What is a no spend year?
A new year is upon us, which means many of us are setting new resolutions and starting new habits to better ourselves — and a perennial favorite is the #NoSpend challenge. No Spend or No Buy weeks, months, or years involve cutting out spending on all purchases that are not absolutely necessary.
How do you plan a no spending month?
Think about how much you spend in a week on little things—lattes, take-out or those new running shoes you bought online late one night.
8 Tips For Doing A No-Spend Month
- Time It Right.
- Establish Rules.
- Plan Your Meals.
- Go Public With Your Goals.
- Set Up Obstacles To Spending.
- Start Having Fun (Yes, Really)
- Focus On The Future.
What is no money November?
As far as a specific strategy goes, when it comes to No Spend November, you make your own rules. You decide what’s essential and which caveats you’ll include. My own rules are simple: With the obvious, unavoidable exceptions of regular bills, gas and groceries, I will not spend any money in November.
What should you not spend money on?
Here are some of the best
- Sleep on it.
- Work out what it costs in work time.
- Focus on your debt/savings.
- Check if you’re leaking money via unused subs & payments.
- Stop spending so much on food – plan, plan, plan.
- Leave debit/credit cards at home.
- Avoid temptation – don’t go shopping.
How do I not spend money at all?
13 Ways To NOT Spend Money
- Don’t Go Shopping. It’s obvious, but it’s the most important place to start.
- Borrow. A lot of the things in our house only get used a few times a year.
- Use Something Else.
- Avoid Online Shops.
- Don’t Let Websites Save Your Info.
- Keep a List of Things You Need.
- Wait 24 Hours.
- Think Of How Much You Worked For It.
How can I live without spending a lot of money?
13 Ways To Enjoy Your Life Without Spending A Lot Of Money
- Walk The Beach. Taking a walk along the beach not only clears your head but it is a great way to relax yourself amid your stressful life.
- Explore Unknown Places Around Where You Live.
- Take a Forest Nature Walk.
- Ride Your Bike.
- Hangout At The Boardwalk.
- Read A Book.
- Surf the Waves.
- Play a Board Game With Family.