- What is an access code for college textbooks?
- Do rental textbooks have access codes?
- How much does an access code cost?
- What does printed access code mean?
- Where can I find cheap college textbooks?
- What is a package component for textbooks?
- How do I get access codes for textbooks?
- Do new textbooks come with Amazon access codes?
- What is a connect access card?
- Where can I download textbooks for free?
- Where can I find free textbooks online?
- What is an access code?
- Can an access code be reused?
- What does standalone access card mean?
- What is an ISBN number used for?
Access codes (also referred to as textbook access codes, student access codes or a student access kit) is a series of letters and numbers that allows you access to your courses online content and/or additional study material.
What is an access code for college textbooks?
College Textbooks and Access Codes from Chegg
Access codes are online passwords from major publishers that grant access to a variety of extra course materials like digital version of books, quizzes, study guides and more, which can be popular add-ons by your professor.
Do rental textbooks have access codes?
Access codes and extra materials are not guaranteed to be included with rented or used copies of books. Things like access codes and lab manuals are one-time-use materials, and since used books are passed from student to student, we can’t promise they’ll be there.
How much does an access code cost?
The average cost of a stand-alone access code, purchased at a campus bookstore, is about $100, the report found. The cost when bundled with a textbook varies depending on factors like whether the textbook is digital or print, but averaged $126.
What does printed access code mean?
This book is an example of how the publisher/author wants to get more of the market share. Requiring an access code for the class means the student will either buy a new book with the access code included or a used book and purchase the access code separately.
Where can I find cheap college textbooks?
Buying On The Cheap
- Ebay.com. Bid on auctions or Buy It Now!
- AbeBooks.com. This site sells both new and used textbooks.
- Better World Books. If you’re feeling charitable, Better World Books accepts used book donations to eliminate trash and resells them at a discount.
What is a package component for textbooks?
A Required Package is comprised of more than one individual item – for example, a textbook that comes with a CD-ROM and an iClicker. Package Components are the individual items that make up that package. In the previous example, the textbook, the CD and the iClicker are all individual Package Components.
How do I get access codes for textbooks?
Get an Access Code
- If you purchased a new textbook, look for the access code inside the first few pages of the book or in the printed access kit that is shrinkwrapped with the book.
- If you purchased a used textbook, the access code has probably been used. To purchase access separately:
Do new textbooks come with Amazon access codes?
Textbooks, as you know, can be tricky items on Amazon and some text books are simply not allowed to be sold – as with many instructor’s editions. Amazon states that book product pages that include access codes can only be listed as New if they have the access code. Used books don’t necessarily include access codes.
What is a connect access card?
McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course.
Where can I download textbooks for free?
9 Fantastic Websites that Offer Free College Textbooks
- Open Textbook Library.
- Saylor Academy.
- Textbook Revolution.
- Online Mathematics Textbooks.
- Project Gutenberg.
Where can I find free textbooks online?
The Price is Right: 11 Excellent Sites for Free Digital Textbooks
- Bookboon.com. Here’s a source for free textbooks in PDF form that focus primarily on accounting, economics, engineering, IT, marketing, and management.
- California Learning Resource Network (CLRN)
- College Open Textbook Collaborative.
- The Global Text Project.
- Open Education Group.
What is an access code?
An access code is a password you use to access course content online. The content you access depends on the course, but can include things such as practice exam questions, interactive videos to help you understand course concepts, and course assignments.
Can an access code be reused?
No. Access codes are only good for one use, and access cannot be transferred to another user. If you need new access, please see Registration: Help for Students without an Access Code.
What does standalone access card mean?
Pearson’s MyMathLab Plus provides a comprehensive and immersive way for students to learn mathematics. This standalone access card means that you can connect yourself to the network of assignments, practices, and exercises without having to purchase a physical copy of the book.
What is an ISBN number used for?
ISBN is the acronym for International Standard Book Number. This 10 or 13-digit number identifies a specific book, an edition of a book, or a book-like product (such as an audiobook). Since 1970 each published book has a unique ISBN. In 2007, assigned ISBNs changed from 10 digits to 13.