- What old books are worth money?
- What are the most valuable books?
- What is the most valuable Little Golden Book?
- Are any Little Golden Books valuable?
- Where can I sell my old books?
- What is the rarest book in the world?
- How can you tell if a little golden book is a first edition?
- Are old Hardy Boy books worth anything?
- What to do with old children’s books?
Check out the list below for some of the most valuable children’s books.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Lewis Carroll | 1865.
- The Hobbit. J. R. R. Tolkien | 1937.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- Where the Wild Things Are.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- The Velveteen Rabbit.
- A Wrinkle in Time.
What old books are worth money?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of Money!
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling:
What are the most valuable books?
These Are Some Of The World’s Most Expensive Books
- Codex Leicester, Leonardo da Vinci ($30.8 million)
- The Magna Carta (original exemplar) ($21.2 million)
- The St.
- Bay Psalm Book ($14 million)
- Rothschild Prayer Book ($13.4 million)
- Birds of America, James Audubon ($11.5 million)
What is the most valuable Little Golden Book?
One Puppy Leads the Pack
7 Of all the hundreds of Little Golden Book titles published, one of the First 12 lays claim (so far) to the most copies sold. The top-selling Little Golden Book is “The Poky Little Puppy.” At last count, more than 15 million copies have been sold.
Are any Little Golden Books valuable?
Since most Little Golden Books were opened and enjoyed by readers, uncirculated books must be in pristine, mint condition and are considered rare and valuable. For instance, in the Collecting Little Golden Book’s online store, an uncirculated, 1st edition copy of Little Mommy sells for $150.
Where can I sell my old books?
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
What is the rarest book in the world?
10 of the Most Rare Books of All Time
- The Gutenberg Bible.
- The Birds of America.
- The Codex of Leicester.
- Don Quixote.
- Tamerlane and Other Poems.
- Ptolemy’s Geographia Cosmographia.
- On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres.
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
How can you tell if a little golden book is a first edition?
The publisher may actually state the words ‘first edition’ or ‘first printing’ on the copyright page. Another common method of identification is the number line – that’s a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then it’s a first edition.
Are old Hardy Boy books worth anything?
As a general rule, books prior to 1950, with their dust jacket, are worth more than $10. There is one helpful tip that can at least help you determine if your book is not a first edition. Most Hardy Boys books have a list of titles so readers can be attracted to buying other books in the series.
What to do with old children’s books?
What to do with old or unwanted children’s books
- Give them to a Little Free Library. Our neighborhood has a Little Free Library on nearly every block.
- Donate to your school library.
- Donate to a nonprofit.
- Give to friends with younger kids.
- Hold a book swap.
- Try an online book exchange.
- Save your favorites.
- A last resort-recycle them.