Book Genres That Make the Most Money
- 1) Romance/Erotica – $1.44 billion.
- 2) Crime/Mystery – $728.2 million.
- 3) Religious/Inspirational – $720 million.
- 4) Science Fiction/Fantasy – $590.2 million.
- 5) Horror – $79.6 million.
What is the #1 best selling book?
Having sold more than 500 million copies worldwide, Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling is the best-selling book series in history. The first novel in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, has sold in excess of 120 million copies, making it one of the best-selling books of all time.
How much money can a best selling book make?
Given the royalties of a standard contract, an author selling 20,000 books priced at $25 would earn $65,625 the first week on the “New York Times” best-seller list. This is not quite the millions superstar authors bank, but if the book continues to sell, these earnings add up to an impressive income.
What is the most popular book in the world?
The all-time most popular books in the world revealed
- The Holy Quran (644) – over 3 billion.
- The King James Bible (1611) – over 2.5 billion.
- Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung (1964) by Mao Zendong – 800 million.
- Don Quixote (1512) by Miguel de Cervantes – 500 million.
- Harry Potter series (1997-2007) by J.K.Rowling – 450 million.