- Where can I donate used school books?
- What can I do with old academic books?
- Can you donate to a library?
- Can you donate textbooks to Goodwill?
- Where can I donate old encyclopedias?
- Where can I sell my books locally?
- What can I do with books I no longer want?
- Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
- Can you put books in the recycling bin?
- Can you donate bras?
- How much can I write off for book donations?
- Do libraries give away old books?
Where to Donate Books
- Libraries. Perhaps the most obvious place to donate books is your local library.
- Daycare Centers and Schools.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
- Retirement Homes and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Books for Soldiers and Operation Paperback.
Where can I donate used school books?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
What can I do with old academic books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Can you donate to a library?
We do not accept donations of old news magazines, textbooks, or encyclopedias. All donations are accepted without condition, and immediately become the property of the library. They cannot be returned. Some donations will be added to the collection.
Can you donate textbooks to Goodwill?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Local libraries could use your books in their system or find another avenue for book donation on your behalf.
Where can I donate old encyclopedias?
They take donations of all kinds, including books and even encyclopedia sets. Donations can be given directly at a nearby store, usually during specific hours and in the back of the store, or can be given by contacting your nearest Salvation Army or Goodwill and having them pick up the donation.
Where can I sell my books locally?
We’ve got options for selling textbooks, as well as hardcovers and paperbacks.
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
What can I do with books I no longer want?
If you’re feeling generous, donating your used books can be a great way to find them a loving home.
- Libraries. Libraries usually accept donations and sell those books in a Friends of the Library fundraiser.
- Local thrift stores. Goodwill accepts a lot more than clothes.
- Prisons. Prisons desperately need used books.
Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
Best Websites to Sell Your Textbooks
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.
Can you put books in the recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.
Can you donate bras?
Free the Girls accepts new and gently used bras of all sizes, styles, and types. If there isn’t one near you, you can also mail your bras directly to the organization. You can even send a note to the girls who receive the bras along with your donation.
How much can I write off for book donations?
Charitable donations, including books, can only be written off if you itemize your deductions with Schedule A. On Schedule A, report the amount of your book donation on Line 17. If your donation exceeds $500, you must also complete Section A of Form 8283.
Do libraries give away old books?
There are libraries who throw books away, those who recycle their books, and those who have them sold on their behalf, many times through Better World Books. Libraries ship books to us free of charge. Q: How much do libraries have to pay us to help them with their used books?A: Nothing!