Where can I donate used college textbooks?
You can donate books at a variety of locations in your community, including:
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
What should I do with old textbooks?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Can you donate textbooks to Goodwill?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Local libraries could use your books in their system or find another avenue for book donation on your behalf.
Where can I donate encyclopedias?
They take donations of all kinds, including books and even encyclopedia sets. Donations can be given directly at a nearby store, usually during specific hours and in the back of the store, or can be given by contacting your nearest Salvation Army or Goodwill and having them pick up the donation.