10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
Does Goodwill accept old textbooks?
Drop your old textbooks off at your nearest Goodwill store. If you do not have a Goodwill store in your area, you can make arrangements for them to come and pick up your donations. Goodwill will even give you a receipt that you can use as a deduction on your taxes.
What can I do with old uni textbooks?
- Thrift store. Donate to your local thrift shop such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army!
- Transform into gift tags or envelopes.
- Let your books travel the world.
- Book headboard.
- 5. Make a change with Textbooks for Change.
- Build a free mailbox library.
- White elephant book exchange.
- Potted books.
Can you donate old textbooks?
A local option is to donate your books to organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and your community’s thrift store. Local libraries could use your books in their system or find another avenue for book donation on your behalf.
How do you dispose of old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
What items does goodwill not take?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts.
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
- Large appliances:
Where can I sell my textbooks for the most money?
Best Websites to Sell Your Textbooks
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.