- Do fire stations take stuffed animals?
- Can you donate stuffed animals to Salvation Army?
- What can you do with old stuffed animals?
- Where can I donate gently used stuffed animals?
- Can you donate stuffed animals?
- Will goodwill accept stuffed animals?
- What items does goodwill not take?
- Does Habitat for Humanity take stuffed animals?
- How do you wash stuffed animals without ruining them?
Toy Donation Options
- Resell Charities. Charity thrift stores such as Goodwill and The Salvation Army accept toys and then put them on the store floor for others to buy.
- Local Shelters and Children’s Centers.
- Preschools and Nurseries.
- Church Charities.
Do fire stations take stuffed animals?
They use the stuffed animals to give to children during emergency calls that include fires and medical calls. They can only accept new stuffed animals with the tags still on them. Brand new stuffed animals are accepted at any fire station, and at fire administration as well.
Can you donate stuffed animals to Salvation Army?
For example, The Salvation Army of Southeast Michigan will accept donations of stuffed animals and plush toys that are in good condition to be sold at one of its 36 thrift stores. “If your child has more toys than they can play with—or you can store—consider donating them at one of our local thrift stores.
What can you do with old stuffed animals?
- Give them away directly to people who want them. I’ve successfully used my local freecycle group to give away stuffed animals.
- Give them to Goodwill or other thrift stores.
- Donate via SAFE: Stuffed Animals for Emergencies.
- Donate to police or fire departments.
- Give them to animal shelters.
Where can I donate gently used stuffed animals?
Salvation Army and Goodwill are the most recognizable charities where toys are donated. Just be sure to call your local donation center first because some, but not all, have stopped accepting toy donations. The toys may go directly to a less fortunate child, or they’ll be sold in the organization’s thrift store.
Can you donate stuffed animals?
Believe it or not, may charity thrift stores (including Goodwill) do accept stuffed animals as donations. You can also check if you have a local donation point for Stuffed Animals For Emergencies (S.A.F.E.), which collects and cleans stuffed animals to give to children enduring traumatic situations.
Will goodwill accept stuffed animals?
Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts. Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs. Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
What items does goodwill not take?
Goodwill happily accepts the following new or gently used items:
- Vehicles—We are now accepting donations of vehicles in all conditions.
- Clothing, shoes and boots.
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves.
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs.
- Games, toys and sports equipment.
Does Habitat for Humanity take stuffed animals?
Habitat for Humanity – Acceptable Donations
Schedule a Habitat for Humanity donation pickup now. Habitat for Humanity accepts a variety of donations including building materials, appliances, furniture and more.
How do you wash stuffed animals without ruining them?
Just put them in after you add your detergent. Put your stuffed animals in a mesh laundry bag (similar to what you use to wash your delicates but in a slightly larger size.) Once your gentle cycle wash is done, remove stuffed animals from laundry bag and air dry.