Where to Donate Books Locally
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Libraries. Most libraries have a Friends of the Library Society.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
How do I get rid of used books?
10 Ways to Recycle Your Old Books
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or other local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
What can I do with old uni textbooks?
- Thrift store. Donate to your local thrift shop such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army!
- Transform into gift tags or envelopes.
- Let your books travel the world.
- Book headboard.
- 5. Make a change with Textbooks for Change.
- Build a free mailbox library.
- White elephant book exchange.
- Potted books.
What can I do with old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Where can I sell my books locally?
We’ve got options for selling textbooks, as well as hardcovers and paperbacks.
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
Can you put books in the recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.
Does Barnes and Noble buy used books?
Buying Used Textbooks
We have a huge selection of used textbooks available for purchase directly from BN.com and we work with Marketplace sellers, all of whom are approved by Barnes & Noble to offer the largest inventory of used textbooks on the internet.