What do you do with unwanted books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library.
- Donate to a local charity.
- Make some gift tags.
- Recycle your unusable books.
- Sell them or give them away online.
- Make a “Free Books” box.
How can I get books to donate?
Where to Donate Books Locally
- The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army accepts used goods donations, including hardback and paperback books.
- Goodwill. Goodwill accepts used book donations for their resale stores.
- Libraries. Most libraries have a Friends of the Library Society.
- Local Thrift Stores.
- Got Books?
- Reading Tree.
How do I start a book drive?
5 steps to lead a book drive
- STEP 1: Let Reading Partners know you plan to host a book drive.
- STEP 2: Determine dates and a goal for the book drive.
- STEP 3: Promote the book drive to your network.
- STEP 4: Provide “donation bins” at selected drop-off locations and collect books.
- STEP 5: Make and celebrate your donation.
Where can I donate books in Minnesota?
- The Library.
- Good Will, Savers, The Salvation Army, or Arc’s Value Villages.
- Books for Africa.
- Women’s Prison Book Project.
- Minnesota Literacy Council.
- Junior League of Minneapolis associated with Read Indeed.
- PaperBack Swap.
- Half Price Books.
Can you put books in the recycling bin?
If you can put paper in your recycling bin, chances are you can recycle books, too. There’s also the cover to consider, since it may contain plastic, cloth, leather, or other non-paper bookbinding materials. Some recyclers accept both hardback and paperback books, while others may only accept paperbacks.
What can I do with old encyclopedias?
By taking the right steps, you can recycle your encyclopedias easily.
- Check first with your local library or school district to see if you can donate your encyclopedias.
- Call your local recycling plant.
- Try giving them away online.
- You can also use your old encyclopedias as a craft project.
Will Amazon Buy my books?
The Amazon Trade-In program allows customers to receive an Amazon.com Gift Card in exchange for thousands of eligible items including Amazon Devices, electronics, books, video games, and more. The process is easy and convenient with an immediate offer and free shipping.
How do I sell used books?
Here’s where to sell used books, whether online or in-person. We’ve got options for selling textbooks, as well as hardcovers and paperbacks.
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- Half Price Books.
- Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
What to do with old children’s books?
What to do with old or unwanted children’s books
- Give them to a Little Free Library. Our neighborhood has a Little Free Library on nearly every block.
- Donate to your school library.
- Donate to a nonprofit.
- Give to friends with younger kids.
- Hold a book swap.
- Try an online book exchange.
- Save your favorites.
- A last resort-recycle them.