Donated mattresses must still be usable, so they can be used again.
- Salvation Army – They will come to your home to pick up your old mattress for free.
- Goodwill – Donated mattress must be in good shape.
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Your Local Furniture Store.
- Mattress Disposal Plus.
- Bye-Bye Mattresses.
- Homeless Shelters.
Can you donate used mattresses?
Many charities refuse to sell donated mattresses, but they will accept mattresses to reuse, or they will recycle them for you. Call non-profit thrift stores and charities in your area to ask about their policies on accepting used mattress donations.20 Aug 2019
Does Salvation Army take mattresses?
Unfortunately, the Salvation Army does NOT take mattress donations. On the other hand, Goodwill is one of the organizations that DOES take mattress donations and furniture, providing they are in good shape.3 Sep 2018
Does Habitat for Humanity take used mattresses?
Habitat for Humanity is a worldwide company that has dedicated themselves to making sure that everyone has a safe place to call home. They accept mattress donation drop-offs at multiple locations.
How do you throw out a mattress?
Method 1 Disposing of Your Mattress
- Wrap the mattress in plastic. Go to a department store, a home improvement store, or a moving supply store to get a mattress disposal bag or a mattress storage bag.
- Set the mattress out on heavy trash day.
- Hire a disposal company if you have a lot of trash.